Saturday, February 27, 2010

Derby Widow searches that led people here, and how long they stayed

Web statistics are a great tool for any blogger, writer, or typical attention prostitute ("whore" is vulgar, and has just become a pejorative term for any lady needing some love squeezings. Shame on you, men and women, who use that term that way. Go get some). They let let you know where people who read your blog came from, what people have read the most, and often how long they stay.

Early this morning, at 3:30AM, someone in the South was looking for "pictures derby widows," and I think was disappointed to find my link because they left after two minutes. Well, here's a little sexy .jpeg to keep you coming back, baby!

 Hot.


Today, I am up early to capitalize on a silent morning and edit my latest Bennington College packet before sending it to my uber-genius of a professor, Tom. I'm two-for-two with instructors who have had the brain meats that challenge my writing to the point I wake up paranoid days before, copy my work over into another file and re-type it in from scratch to make sure I do not appear the fool when I send the work in. As my nose started to bleed from the stress, I turned to the internet to tell me what's good. Which led me to my stats page, because like all lonely people on the internet, I want my kicks. Unlike them, I decided to keep both hands on the keys. Unless, of course, I'm cam-prostituting.

 
The written word is dangerous. Wear your gauntlets at all times.

All the other searches have been less ambiguous, some with even my government name being used along with the phrase "derby widow." That's pretty cool. Thank you to everyone, whether I know you or not, for reading.

All right, enough procrastination. I have some reviews to edit, a bout to run, and some games to call. Take it easy!


-Pelvis Costello

4 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Im Atlanta Roller Derby Examiner. I just wrote an article about roller derby widows and just wanted to let you know I added your link to the article for your blog. Thank you for being who you are.
    Here is the link to the article...
    http://www.examiner.com/x-29340-Atlanta-Roller-Derby-Examiner~y2010m2d27-Professional-athletes-wive-and-derby-widows-cant-live-without-them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link add, Tina. I appreciate the attention. It's an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the were looking for the wives of dead jockeys...

    ReplyDelete